Thanks to the generosity of local law firm Trucker Huss and long-time Huckleberry supporter Mary Powell, donations made today - GIVING TUESDAY - will be matched 100% - up to $4,000!!
The impact of your donation will be doubled today, allowing Huckleberry to reach even more young people through essential services providing SAFETY, HEALTH, JUSTICE & EDUCATION. Last year, more than 6,000 youth and families accessed our services in Marin and San Francisco.
Huckleberry's mission is to educate, inspire, and support under served youth to develop healthy life choices, to maximize their potential, and to realize their dreams. For over 50 years, Huckleberry Youth Programs has partnered with teens and families to overcome adversity. Huckleberry strengthens families and empowers young people with services that promote safety in times of crisis, physical and emotional health and well-being, social justice in communities facing inequality, and educational success. When all youth succeed, the entire community is stronger.
What impact does your donation make on the life of a young person?
- $50 - Provides a stipend for an HIV positive speaker to make a presentation to teens during our HIV/AIDS Youth Prevention Education (HYPE) workshop series.
- $100 - Provides one hour of individual counseling or substance abuse treatment services for a young person who has experienced abuse and neglect, homelessness, community violence, or other types of trauma.
- $250 - Provides an arrested youth with crisis services at the time of arrest and one session of individual and family therapy before going home.
- $500 - Provides a runaway or homeless youth with two days at Huckleberry House (a licensed shelter), hot meals, access to medical care, counseling, and school and family support services.
- $1,000 - Provides emergency response and short-term personalized support for a commercially sexually exploited youth.
- $2,000 - Provides a six-week workshop for up to 20 parents of teens, which has demonstrated success improving relationships at home. This parent education work is critical to preventing episodes of youth arrest, running away, unsafe sex, substance abuse, and other harmful behaviors.
- $2,500 - Provides a Huckleberry Wellness Academy student with academic case management and tutoring, SAT/ACT standardized test preparation, and support with the college application and financial aid process for an entire academic year. Students in the Huckleberry Wellness Academy are the first generation in their families to attend college.