For more than half a century, Huckleberry Youth Programs has partnered with teens and families to overcome adversity. Huckleberry strengthens families and empowers young people with services that promote
safety in times of crisis, physical and emotional health and well-being, social justice in communities facing inequity, and educational success. When all youth succeed, the entire community is stronger.
What impact does your gift have?
- $50 - Provides a young person with a one-on-one health education session conducted by a trained Huckleberry health educator.
- $100 - Provides one hour of individual counseling or substance abuse intervention for a young person who has experienced abuse and neglect, homelessness, community violence, or other types of trauma.
- $250 - Provides an arrested youth with crisis services at the time of arrest and one session of individual and family therapy before going home.
- $500 - Provides a runaway or homeless youth with two days at Huckleberry House (a licensed shelter), hot meals, access to medical care, counseling, and school and family support services.
- $1,000 - Provides emergency response and short-term personalized support for a commercially sexually exploited youth.
- $2,000 - Provides a six-week workshop for up to 20 parents of teens, which has demonstrated success improving relationships at home. This parent education work is critical to preventing episodes of youth arrest, running away, unsafe sex, substance abuse, and other harmful behaviors.
- $2,500 - Provides a Huckleberry ACE (Access to College Equity) Academy student with academic case management and tutoring, SAT/ACT standardized test preparation, and support with the college application and financial aid process for an entire academic year. Students in the ACE Academy are among the first generation in their families to attend college.
HUCKLEBERRY'S LEADERSHIP CIRCLE
To ensure that our services are around for the next 50 years, Huckleberry launched a major donor campaign referred to as the Leadership Circle. Members of the Leadership Circle show their commitment to Huckleberry's mission and work by donating $5,000 or more (above and beyond participation in agency events).
HUCKLEBERRY HEROES MONTHLY GIVING PROGRAM
DOUBLE YOUR DONATION
STOCKS & SECURITIES
Donors may choose to make gifts to Huckleberry using long-term appreciated stocks and mutual funds due to the attractive tax advantages associated with such gifts.
The benefits available to you when making a contribution of stock or mutual funds may include:
- Avoiding federal and state tax on the capital gain
- Receiving an income tax deduction for the full market value of the gift (if you itemize deductions on your tax return and have held the assets one year or longer)
- Making a larger gift at a lower original cost to you
Donating Stock or Bonds Held By a Bank or Broker
If your equities are currently held at a bank or in a brokerage account, simply send a letter of instruction to your broker or banker with a full description of the securities and your gift's intended purpose.
Securities can be sent electronically using the following transmittal information:
First Republic Security
Bank Account Number: 33L-064111
Bank DTC Number: 0443
Please advise us of your gift by notifying Huckleberry's Director of Fundraising, Brooke Tao, at email@example.com.
Huckleberry Youth Programs - 3450 Geary Blvd., Suite 107 - San Francisco, CA 94118
Tax ID # 94-1687559
To reach Huckleberry's Development Department, please call 415.275.2540